Inlays and Onlays
Restoring Your Dental Health and Smile One Tooth at a Time
Your smile is your first impression. Therefore, you want to present your best face to the world at all times. Your local dentist near Chino, Dr. David S. Han at VIP Dentistry, believes that your smile is only as good as its overall structure and function. When there are dental issues that keep you from enjoying the best of what life has to offer, it is time for you to see your local dentist in Chino. Using the Comprehensive Esthetic Occlusal (CEO) Dentistry approach, Dr. Han can improve your chewing system’s health and appearance, enabling you to enjoy a lifetime of happy and healthy teeth.
Natural Looking Alternative to Fillings and Crowns
When your teeth are damaged, showing signs of decay, or begin breaking, there are options available to give you a natural looking smile again. Inlays and Onlays are restorative dental procedures that you can choose instead of expensive fillings and crowns to save your damaged teeth. Although they use virtually the same techniques, Inlays and Onlays are done on two different areas of the teeth.
Inlays are recommended when the following factors are present:
- One or more teeth are damaged by a small amount of decay, but not enough for a crown.
- The damaged portion is between the surface area and cusp.
- Restorative option that uses porcelain to strengthen and restore tooth health and structure.
- A long lasting and extremely durable alternative to fillings.
Onlays are recommended when the following factors are present:
- One or more teeth are severely damaged and unable to withstand biting force.
- The damaged area extends farther than the surface area and cusp.
- Restorative option that uses gold to strengthen and restore tooth health and structure.
- Less prone to fracture and prevents wear and tear on opposing teeth.
The Inlay and Onlay procedures can preserve the health and structure of your teeth without affecting the stability of your chewing system.